Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Crochet tulip applique- FREE PATTERN!!!



Making a C2C pink colored blanket, and finally feeling like Spring in Minnesota after a tough winter, I wanted to add tulip appliques onto my blanket. Could not really find an existing pattern that I liked! So of course, I had to write up my own to match what I had in mind. I have to say that it worked really well since my blanket looks awesome!!
Without keeping you waiting, here it is!
And no, it has not been tested other than me making like 3 more tulips from this, so please use at your own risk :D
CROCHETED TULIP APPLIQUE' PATTERN
Worsted weight yarn
 sz 5 hook
Ch 10, sc in 2d ch from hook, 1 hdc each in next 2 ch, 1 dc each in next 2 ch, 1 tr each in next 2 ch, 1 dc each in next ch, 1 hdc each in next ch, 4 ch in end ch to turn and then work on bottoms of the ch, 1 hdc in next ch, 1 dc, 2 tr, 2 dc, 2 hdc, 1 sc, sl st in beg ch, fasten off, cut yarn leaving 6” tail to sew.



Make starting loop, pull through on 6th ch from where you fastened off (shown in photo above), ch 4, 2 tr in same st, 2 dc in next ch twice, 1 dc in next, 1 hdc in next, 1 sc in next 2 ch, 3 sc in next ch, 1 sc in next 2, 1 hdc in next,  2 dc in next 3 ch, 3 tr in next ch, fasten off.
Here are my tulips on my pink C2C blanket, soon to be listed in my Ebay store!
I would love to hear from you, if you do try it out!!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs. Goyal,

    This is Mai Xee! First off, I just wanted to let you know that I am still crocheting! I give my crochet and knitting projects to the campus's knitting and crochet club, so that they could sell those and donate the profit to nonprofit organizations here in Northfield.

    Secondly, I really like this blanket! I might just try it out, since you are willing to share the pattern you worked so hard on with us. I will let you know the result when I get my hands on some new yarns. All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mai Xee,
      So good to hear from you! Hope you are doing well at college. Great that you continue to crochet and knit, they are fun lifelong hobbies to have! Yes, the tulip blanket pattern is a fun one, I am glad you are thinking of trying it out! If you do, would you send me a photo, I would like to share it on the blog! I think you probably have my number and email.

      Delete
  2. I am happy to visit your blog, a lot of things I can take the benefits of each of your articles. thank you
    wordpress
    ufa88kh.blogspot
    youtube
    ប្រដាល់តាមអនឡាញ

    ReplyDelete