Tuesday, November 28, 2017

BERNAT SOFTEE CHUNKY BEANIE SKI HAT- free pattern!!


I bought a ton of Bernat Softee Chunky yarn for 99 cents each at Michaels, so of course, I had to find a suitable pattern for making beanies with it. I could not find a satisfactory one on the internets, so I ended up modifying existing ones till I was satisfied with it. So here you go, I am sharing it with you!


BERNAT SOFTEE CHUNKY BEANIE SKI HAT- free pattern!!
If making it in one color, you will end up using less than 1 skein of Bernat Softee Chunky yarn.
With sz K hook, Ch 4, sl st in 1st ch to make a ring,
Rd 1: ch 2, 12 dc in ring, sl st to top of 1st dc (12 dc),
Rd 2: switch to sz N hook, ch 2, 2 dc in each, sl st to top of 1st dc (24 dc),
Rd 3:  ch 2, *2 dc in 1st dc, 1 dc in next*, ** repeat till end, sl st to top of 1st dc (36 dc),
Rd 4: You have to do 7 increases in this round- try to spread them evenly- ch 2, 2 dc in 1st dc, 1 dc in next dc twice- repeat as needed to add a total of 7 dc, sl st to top of 1st dc (43 dc),
Rd 5-10: ch 2, 1 dc in each dc, l st to top of 1st dc (43 dc),
Rd 11: switch back to sz K hook, ch 1, 1 sc in each dc, sl st to 1st sc. Fasten off, leave a 3” tail and weave in.
This will make a standard men's/ women's/ teen 20-22" head circumference size hat. I have several listed (also in team colors!!) in my Ebay store here, and also in My Etsy store!
Please leave me a comment if you try it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment