Sunday, January 4, 2015

c2c blanket completed!....and don't take crochet hooks when flying to Mexico :(

We had a nice family vacation, flying from Minnesota (USA Midwest) to Cozumel, Mexico for 6 days. Sun, sand and scuba diving :) It was great. Before leaving, my husband warned me to pack enough yarn so I wouldn't run out!! (Last time, we took a road trip to Yellowstone Park and ran out of yarn. Had to drive 22 miles to find a Walmart in Montana!) 25 years of marriage, and he's finally starting to get it. "You won't be able to find a Walmart in Mexico", he says. So yes, I packed a LOT of yarn (3 crocheters worth- both my girls crochet as well)..I almost finished a c2c Corner to Corner or diagonal stripes blanket, but on our flight back, the Mexican airport authorities wouldn't allow me to bring my hooks back on the flight!! My options were either to give them up or pay $25 to get my bag (with the hooks) checked in. Either way, I wouldn't be able to crochet on the flight... I ended up giving them my hooks :( How much harm could I inflict with a Sz 6 hook, I wonder? So PSA here....Don't take hooks or knitting needles to Mexico, because US TSA rules don't hold.
Here is my c2c blanket, with a nice wide lacy border, and 3 flowers sewn on....

And finally, I leave you with a peek into an intertidal pool from one of the beaches at Cozumel...sea urchins!
Happy 2015, everyone! I go back to school tomorrow in frigid sub-zero temps, to look forward to Spring break now :) Hope all of you enjoyed time with family, regardless of whether you got an extended break or not....I would love to hear about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment